Functional Lifestyle Medicine
Functional Lifestyle Medicine approaches complex syndromes incorporating:
· Environmental inputs
· Mind-body elements
· Nutritional status
· Genetic makeup
Through assessment of the underlying causes and triggers of dysfunction, a deeper understanding is attained of how key processes are affected and what’s needed to heal them. Most imbalances can be addressed and in some cases restore optimum function while others can be substantially improved.
Renew Your Health and Vitality
· Tailored programs for your goals
· Simple and easy to follow plans
· Professional advice and support
Detox - a safe and effective program combining current medical science and proven metabolic therapies to help rid the body of built up toxins.
Ideal Weight - a weight balancing program designed to help you achieve and maintain your optimal weight
Longevity & Rejuvenation - While we may not be able to turn back the hands of time, we can help to diminish and slow the tell-tale signs – both internally and externally – through traditional Chinese medicine, Functional Nutrition, cutting edge Nutraceuticals, exercise, awareness and lifestyle advice. The goal is not only to have you looking and feeling better, but to give you the foundations for a longer, healthier and more vital life at a DNA level. The link between some Asian lifestyles and longevity are well reported. Through exploring some of the philosophies, practices, therapies and nutritional aspects of these traditions and learning how to incorporate these ageless secrets into your own lifestyle along with aspects we have garnered from modern research and application, you can discover how to move through life with more grace and ease.
Sleep Enhancement – Sleep difficulties are addressed through a combination of core treatments and therapies drawing from EEG Neurofeedback and Metabolic Brain Function, Traditional Chinese Medicine, and Functional Nutrition. This therapeutic and preventative program addresses life’s stresses and strains, as well as body imbalances which deplete sleep quality and impact health.
Stress Reduction - Deeply restorative and healing, this program deals with the symptoms and underlying causes of stress adaption, brain response and adrenal burnout. It gets to the core of the body and mind reaction to stress and teaches neurological stress prevention and recovery from a mind, body and spirit perspective.
Brain Fitness - Your brain function declines as you age. And while you can’t put your brain on a treadmill or give it a set of dumbbells to lift, there are cutting edge therapies that bring the brain back into top form.
Functional Nutrition and Food as Medicine
Functional Lifestyle Medicine is a true combination of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Western Medicine and scientific research. It combines the philosophy of balance and how to restore function from Traditional Chinese Medicine and the knowledge of biochemistry and physiology of Western Medicine with the latest scientific research about how our genetics, environment and lifestyle all interact with each other. Functional Lifestyle Medicine focuses assessment and intervention at the root levels of metabolic imbalance and is an evolution in the practice of medicine that addresses the healthcare needs of the 21st century by focusing on prevention and uncovering the underlying causes of serious chronic disease. Instead of just suppressing symptoms, it deals with the root causes of disease and is less concerned with making a diagnosis and more concerned with the underlying imbalances, which are the mechanisms of the disease process.
Functional Sports Medicine
· Are you frustrated with a recurring injury?
· Would you like to enhance your performance, prevent injury, and recover faster?
· Would you like more stamina, energy and focus for optimal performance?
· Do you want to go beyond western medicines short-term solutions?
· Are you ready to create long-term performance solutions?
· Would you like to enhance metabolic function and maintain a balanced nervous system?
Optimize Sports Performance with Functional Sports Medicine:
· Relieve Muscle and Joint Pain
· Increase Flexibility and Range of Motion
· Ease stress and performance anxiety by balancing the nervous system
· Improve circulation and promote healing
· Accelerate the removal of metabolic waste and improve metabolism
· Increases stamina
Here’s what we offer:
· Optimize Physical and Mental Performance through our unique combination of Eastern and Western Medicines
· Sport Specific Support and Application
· Enhanced Recovery Strategies and Techniques
· Increase Flexibility and Range of Motion Therapies
· Functional Sports Nutrition
· Complete Metabolic, Neuro, Genetic and Nutritional Testing and Analysis
We incorporate a number of different techniques and modalities to accomplish these goals:
· Sports Acupuncture
· Electrical Stimulation (E-Stim) Acupuncture
· Cold Laser Therapies
· Infra-Red Therapies
· Traditional Chinese Medicine
· Traditional Chinese Herbal Formulas
· Chinese Medical Massage
· Musculoskeletal Therapies
· Egoscue Method
· PNF stretching, or proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation stretching
· Functional Sports Nutrition
· *Melt Method
· Genova Lab and Diagnostics
Functional Sports Medicine incorporates principles from Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Western Sports Medicine to view the patient’s injury, recovery and performance from a truly integrated perspective. With both the professional and recreational athlete, the goal is to accurately assess the mechanism and severity of the patient’s musculoskeletal complaint and current state of function. This is accomplished by using a combination of orthopedic testing, range of motion, manual muscle testing and palpation to identify the injured tissue. These techniques used to assess local stagnation are joined with TCM differential diagnosis, providing a paradigm of the athlete’s local injury and overall health. The objective of this combination, Functional Sports Medicine is to address the athlete’s healing potential thereby strengthening the patient, and as a result, decreases injury rehabilitation time. Getting the athlete back to their desired activity, enhancing performance and preventing re-injury through treatment and education is the goal.
Designing a better brain.
Neurofeedback, nutrition, rest, meditation, exercise and specific micronutrients create a synergy for increasing IQ, emotional integration, resiliency, insight, focus, neurological efficiency and optimal function. Your ongoing success, ability to thrive under pressure, mental balance and flexibility always start with a functional, healthy brain. Without a healthy, efficient, resilient brain, every other aspect of life suffers. Through Brain Maps, functional testing, detailed questionnaires and blood work, we show you how to optimize your brain health through a cutting technology called Neurofeedback, functional nutrition, rest/recovery cycles, meditation, exercise and specific micronutrients.
Neurofeedback uses operant conditioning to train specific brain functions such as connectivity, neuronal timing, brainwave amplitudes, and metrics such as absolute power, relative power, power ratio, amplitude asymmetry, coherence and phase difference. We discern the state of regulation of the brain, and we encourage and reward the brain for moving to better-regulated states. This can be thought of as cross-training for the brain. The brain is in charge of mental function as well as the body/brain interaction. This cutting edge brain training has implications for mental health conditions and physiological conditions as well.
Principal applications of Neurofeedback:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADD/ADHD)
- Anxiety and Depression
- Migraines, Stress related Headaches and other Pain syndromes
- Sleep Disorders
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Bipolar Disorder
- Remediation of Learning Disabilities
- and many more…
On the performance spectrum, Neurofeedback can also help the body-brain interaction. This is far beyond simple remediation. This is the next stage in actually designing neurological and brain function. Examples include:
- Improved IQ and EQ
- Improved timing, memory and attentional function
- Higher musical skills among professional musicians
- Better Surgical skill among surgeons
- Better insight and predictive skills
- Management of performance anxiety among athletes, performance artists and speakers
- Better movement and sports performance among top athletes
- Improved relationships and regulation of mood
Wind Gate Acupuncture and Integrative Medicine Corp. offers:
- Neurofeedback, HEG, HRV
- Acupuncture, Tui na and Acupressure
- Chinese Medicine – Diagnosis, Consultation and Treatment
- Chinese Herbal Prescriptions and Nutritional Consultations
We also use and a number of psychophysiological retraining programs that include :
- Auditory Integration
- HEG (Brain Blood Flow Biofeedback)
- The Listening Program
Integrative Medicine Consultations
- Extensive medical history intake with therapeutic recommendations including :
Nutrition, Exercise, Life-style, Botanical, Supplements, Complimentary Medicine
Our patient’s health and wellbeing are at the heart of our practice. Wind Gate is dedicated to a comprehensive approach toward healthcare. We work in partnership with our patients, take time to actually hear their concerns, and do our best to assist and empower them to achieve the healthiest life possible.
Our approach to integrative care combines cutting edge research and practice in both Eastern and Western Medicine, including Neurofeedback, Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine, Nutrition, Pharmaceutical grade Herbs and Formulas and Healthy Lifestyle Modification.
We utilize multiple disciplines to treat patients in a holistic manner from infancy to advanced adulthood.
Patients want practitioners who take the time to help them understand the nature of their medical issues. The real health reform comes from those that will not push drugs and surgery as the only treatment option.
Wind Gate Acupuncture and Integrative Medicine Clinic is located along the canyon in Sorrento Valley in the beautiful city of San Diego California. We are just off of I-805 and Mira Mesa Blvd. This provides easy access from both North County and downtown San Diego.
You can reach us at 1.800.442.0374. We’re looking forward to hearing from you. You can also contact us at our e-mail address: email@example.com